MARKETING IDEAS AND SELLING POINTS
Why bitcoin (banking)
- 100% reserves
- honest money
- "by the people for the people"
Why OLIVE bank
- transparent via open source
- safe storage
- first open source bank
- interest on deposits(?)
- Redeem in any currency or gold(?)
HOW TO BUILD TRUST ON-LINE
WHERE OTHERS HAVE FAILED OR BEEN PROVEN TO BE A SCAM - WE WILL SUCCEED
Papers and articles to support honest money - and by deduction "honest banking":
What makes the existing system inequitable? If you produce value, and trade it within an equitable monetary system, you should, all else being equal, still have the same relative amount of value in your ownership with which to consume, save or trade further. The current system does not allow this, for two reasons:
1) Extra currency can be and is produced by the currency’s issuer (governments or their proxies), which dilutes the value (buying power) of existing stock. Note that the production of new currency required no simultaneous creation of value, yet the issuer is able to exchange this currency for other goods or services of value. The act of acquiring value without ever producing any to exchange for it is inequitable: this is not a quid pro quo exchange.
2) When anyone borrows money, they receive credit, which is a claim on currency. Once again, no value has been created and yet the number of claims on value has been increased. A borrower can (and does) exchange this credit for tangible items, thus they have consumed value without creating any, similar in fashion to the currency issuer.